By Timothy Beatley
- significantly up to date info and statistics together with discussions of inhabitants and progress tendencies, federal and nation coastal bills, catastrophe suggestions expenses, and harm degrees from hurricanes and coastal storms
- updated legislative and programmatic fabric, together with the Stafford Act and mitigation advice courses, and alterations within the Coastal quarter administration Act
- expanded insurance of actual and organic attributes and prerequisites of the coastal zone
- expanded and up-to-date discussions of cutting edge neighborhood coastal management
- new chapters on inventive coastal layout and improvement and classes from coastal courses in different countries
Read or Download An Introduction to Coastal Zone Management: Second Edition PDF
Best urban planning & development books
This e-book offers a cohesive set of study statements on severe similar concerns in British rural geography, in addition to echoing the priorities pointed out by way of an influential determine in British rural geography, Richard Munton. This e-book demonstrates that the agricultural international should be obvious in a much wider viewpoint than that of agriculture/ nutrition construction, with a view to understand how assets are being appraised and exploited in new methods, and to answer the urgent demanding situations of sustainability for the many years forward.
This publication represents the 1st finished examine of the influential German criminal and political philosopher Carl Schmitt’s spatial inspiration, providing the 1st systematic exam from a Geographic standpoint of 1 of an important political thinkers of the 20 th century. It charts the advance of Schmitt’s spatial pondering from his early paintings on secularization and the emergence of the fashionable ecu kingdom to his submit struggle research of the spatial foundation of worldwide order and overseas legislation, when situating his notion on the subject of his altering biographical and highbrow context, arguable involvement in Weimar politics and disastrous help for the Nazi regime.
The interaction among clever city applied sciences and town improvement is a comparatively uncharted territory. know-how and town goals to fill that hole, exploring the turning out to be significance of clever applied sciences and structures in modern towns, and delivering an in-depth figuring out of either theoretical and sensible points of clever city expertise adoption, and its implications for our towns.
Within the final area century, a brand new type of iconic structure has seemed during the world's significant towns. often designed by way of globe-trotting "starchitects" or by way of a couple of huge transnational architectural organizations, those initiatives are ordinarily funded through the personal quarter within the provider of non-public pursuits.
- Greening Berlin: The Co-Production of Science, Politics, and Urban Nature (Inside Technology)
- Post-Tsunami Hazard: Reconstruction and Restoration (Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research)
- Property Rights and Land Policies (Land Policy Series Book 3)
- Merger Delusion
Additional resources for An Introduction to Coastal Zone Management: Second Edition