By Jane Westergaard
Readers may be brought to the 3 center ways of counselling, training and mentoring, and proven how they paintings throughout numerous settings, together with treatment, educating, social paintings and nursing.
Part 1 takes readers throughout the thought, techniques and abilities wanted for aiding paintings, and contains chapters on:
- The modifications and similarities of counselling, training and mentoring
- Foundational and complex talents for powerful supporting
- Supervision and reflective perform
- Ethical aiding and dealing with variety
Part 2 exhibits how aiding talents glance in perform, in a number of diverse supporting professions. 10 specially-written case stories convey you the intricacies of other settings and purchaser teams, together with paintings in faculties, hospitals, phone helplines and probation programs.
Read or Download An Introduction to Helping Skills: Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring PDF
Best psychological counselling books
For somebody contemplating a occupation in a single of the various counseling professions yet unsure on which one to pursue, this e-book could be an outstanding source. It presents perception and data into the various occupation possibilities on hand and proposals and actions to evaluate one’s slot in this kind of careers.
Learn how to examine marriage and counseling throughout the lens of Rational Emotive treatment. Dr. Russell Grieger walks the reader throughout the RECT approach and contains a variety of workouts which are acceptable for clinicians to exploit with their consumers, for these who're in remedy and wish a bit additional support, and for operating to enhance their dating on their lonesome.
This e-book charts the origins and advancements of the Person-Centred method as much as the current, and strikes directly to discover the innovative of the paintings in its software to diverse and various teams inside of society.
This article offers present, obtainable details on bettering the counseling technique utilizing a brain-based paradigm. top specialists offer guidance and insights for turning into a skillful neuroscience-informed counselor, making direct connections among the cloth lined and scientific perform. during this much-needed resource—the first to deal with neurocounseling suggestions around the counseling curriculum—chapters hide all the 8 universal middle components within the 2016 CACREP criteria as well as numerous uniqueness components of the criteria.
- Becoming an Effective Supervisor: A Workbook for Counselors and Psychotherapists
- Working With Immigrant Families: A Practical Guide for Counselors (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- Hospice and Palliative Care: The Essential Guide
- Prevention and Consultation (Prevention Practice Kit)
- Family Solutions for Youth at Risk: Applications to Juvenile Delinquency, Truancy, and Behavior Problems
Extra info for An Introduction to Helping Skills: Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring