By Biljana van Rijn
John Rowan, humanistic therapist, deepest practice
‘This is a must-read e-book for college kids on classes in counselling, psychotherapy, medical psychology and psychiatry.’
Heather Fowlie, Head of the Transactional research division, Metanoia Institute, London
Conducting a reliable evaluate and case formula could be a daunting activity for trainee therapists conducting medical evaluate for the 1st time. This e-book is designed to aid, by means of unpicking the various elements fascinated about overview and case formula throughout modalities, perform settings and customer groups.
· Explores key components of scientific overview together with prognosis, hazard overview, moral concerns and accounting for difference.
· Highlights the mandatory talents, strategies and criminal standards at each one level of the process.
· Takes into consideration the influence of tradition, context and theoretical and sensible considerations.
· makes use of case reports and reflective inquiries to illustrate tricky recommendations in context.
Equipping you with the data and instruments to make winning tests and case formulations, this is often a necessary learn for trainees and for certified practitioners wishing to comb up on their figuring out.
Dr Biljana van Rijn, school Head of utilized study and medical perform, Metanoia Institute.
Read or Download Assessment and Case Formulation in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Andrew Reeves) PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
For someone contemplating a profession in a single of the various counseling professions yet unsure on which one to pursue, this publication can be a good source. It presents perception and data into different occupation possibilities on hand and recommendations and actions to evaluate one’s slot in this sort of careers.
Discover ways to examine marriage and counseling throughout the lens of Rational Emotive remedy. Dr. Russell Grieger walks the reader in the course of the RECT procedure and comprises various routines which are applicable for clinicians to exploit with their consumers, for these who're in treatment and wish a bit additional support, and for operating to enhance their dating on their lonesome.
This publication charts the origins and advancements of the Person-Centred procedure as much as the current, and strikes directly to discover the leading edge of the paintings in its software to diverse and numerous teams inside of society.
This article offers present, obtainable info on bettering the counseling technique utilizing a brain-based paradigm. prime specialists offer directions and insights for turning into a skillful neuroscience-informed counselor, making direct connections among the fabric lined and medical perform. during this much-needed resource—the first to deal with neurocounseling strategies around the counseling curriculum—chapters disguise all the 8 universal middle parts within the 2016 CACREP criteria as well as a number of distinctiveness components of the criteria.
- Solution Focused Anxiety Management: A Treatment and Training Manual (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional)
- Therapy and Beyond: Counselling Psychology Contributions to Therapeutic and Social Issues
- Macht und Ohnmacht mentalisieren: Konstruktive und destruktive Machtausübung in der Psychotherapie (Psychotherapie: Praxis) (German Edition)
- Practising Existential Therapy: The Relational World
- Risk and Resilience in U.S. Military Families
- Keeping Couples in Treatment: Working from Surface to Depth (The Library of Object Relations)
Additional info for Assessment and Case Formulation in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Andrew Reeves)